Unless your entire television input is from obsessive viewing of the Jerry Springer Show, you will see that the political left has used their influence in news, entertainment and academia to declare war on the political right – all things Republican, conservative, patriotic and traditionally American.
But we conservatives are a mighty force if we choose to be. Based on issues, we are the majority. We have the numbers – and we are comprised of all racial groups, all religions and all personal lifestyles. We have the financial resources. Most important, we have the best policies for America – policies that have made America the envy and leader of the world for more than two centuries.
So, here are a dozen things you can do WITHOUT LEAVING HOME.
- Follow the news – and occasionally check out CNN and MSNBC. It is important that we not only hear from our side, but we must also know what the other side is selling. I think of it as intelligence gathering.
- Write letters to the editor even if the publication is left-leaning. We must get our message into their lines of communications even if it is just a grain of sand. And keep in mind, people read letters to the editor.
- The same is true of online comments. You should check out the left-wing writers and provide the counterpoint or engage in social platform discussions, even with those with whom you may disagree – and do it without the name-calling and pejoratives. Remember, the idea is to have them embrace your thinking – not venting one’s spleen.
- Donate to conservative candidates – especially in the primaries. While most conservatives are Republicans, we have to keep that party true to its conservative roots.
- Donate to conservative causes and organizations. Thanks to the Internet, the power of the small donor has become the new form of fundraising. It is better to spread around five $20 donations than to give one $100 donation. If you can, five $100 donations are even better, of course.
- Use window or yard signs to support candidates – and even causes. A large term limits sign, for example, can be displayed all year.
- Display the American flag outside your home – or in a window if you live in an apartment – to show your devotion to the Constitution and American values. Just think of the impression it would make if millions of homes displayed Old Glory.
- If you are not a voter, you can register online in many places.
- During an election period, you can request a ballot and mail it in before the deadline.
- Write letters to state legislators and members of Congress – and write your opinion to those with whom you agree and those who oppose your position. Otherwise, the other side thinks the public likes what they do.
- Introduce your kids to the works of the Founders because they may not be getting an honest education in school.
- Sign up for conservative social platform and online news sites (like this one) and invite those on your email list to join the sites.
There are a lot more things you can do outside the home, but for now, we all need to do what we can to have the conservative voices heard. Imagine the impact we would have if only half of those who voted for President Trump made this list part of their civic duty – 35 million conservative activists.
So, there ‘tis.